Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Talk

The other morning over breakfast, Cyprian says to me,

"Mom, I want the talk."

"OK. What talk do you mean?"

"You know. The Talk. Cyril said he had it. I want it too."

"What is it about?"

"I don't know" he said

"What is the question?" I asked

"What question?"

"The question that gets you The Talk."

"What is it?" he begged.

"I can't tell you, but when you ask it then I know you're old enough for The Talk."

He has not brought it up since so its not weighing on him much. I think I'll do a Calvin and Hobbes answer first and tell him about the KMart Blue Light Specials. He'll appreciate that. 

On the other hand, I gave Kateri the talk without being asked the other day. The Talk being 'you don't give your phone number out to boys you don't, or rather we, don't know.

Last week she went to Oregon for a wedding with grandma and grandpa. Apparently there was boy who was quite taken with her, I don't blame him. She is great fun at parties especially if there  is dancing involved. I don't know if there was dancing and if there was not it is probably for the best. Let him off easy and all that. The boy asked for her number. Grandma thought he was very forward. Kateri was flattered and  said she told him. I thought, 'great, its starting already.' Then I thought maybe she takes after me and gave out someone else's number on accident. I asked her what our number is. She repeated it correctly, with the area code.

So far she has not received a call from the young gentleman. Though he did call her at her great aunts house in Oregon because her great aunt is the grandmother of her cousin who is  the friend of the boy who wanted her number. (In the house that Jack built.)

I asked her what the boy said. She said he called, but then his mom got on the phone so he had to hang up. She was, hopefully, going to give the boy 'The Talk.' The one where she tells her son never to call again. Because I am not od enough for that.

Oh, and on another note, Cyprian said it would be really hard to have triplets. Because moms only have two 'nibbles'.

No comments: