Thursday, September 3, 2009

Not Starting School This Week

I had already decided we would not start right away. Partly because the kids' art class doesn't start until the 14th and partly because I am not mentally ready. I fully realize the latter excuse is not really an excuse but I'm going to go with it for now. I have cleaned out and organized the school cupboard and we have everything we need to start. So I have done something.

The girls start ballet tonight, which is educational, and we would be doing swim lessons but they close down for the next week. And its not like we just sit around and play XBox games all day. Ok. I'm letting them right now for an hour. But only because they did their chores and cleaned up their rooms. Any yes, I guess I am feeling slightly guilty for not starting sooner. But it will go away. There. Its gone.

I had my neurologist appointment and, sort of to my disappointment, he said neither the MS nor the medication are causing my hairs to flee like lemmings over a cliff. He suggested seeing a dermatologist, which I am doing tomorrow. I don't mean to harp on the whole thing too much, and Shane keeps telling me to get over it already. But seriously. I have about 1/3 the hair I had last year. And its still coming out. And like I've said before, I wanted to have something that wouldn't fall apart, sag, go numb, or cause major difficulties. Sort of like the fashion tricks of playing up what you do have instead of trying to pretend you have something you don't.
Oh well. I guess I'll have to start figuring out how to make the most of my nose. I think that one is reliable.

Apart from no news on the balding, he said the MRI showed no change since April. And he said I can stay on the lower dose of Ribif for now. And we'll re-assess in 6 mos. Oh, and so far the blood work shows no liver damage. I knew red wine had protective qualities.

In other good news, Pippin is completely toilet trained. He wears pull ups but has not wet them once. He even wakes up dry. I never knew it could be this easy. It really freed me up this week to deal with my broken fridge. Thankfully, I had not done a big Costco shopping. And thankfully we havea freezer in the garage. And ice chests and ice. So the dairy and things are safe for now. Unfortunately Mr Refrigerator Repair Man is busy until next Thursday, so we'll have to manage until then. Thank goodness the really hot weather is gone.

No comments: