Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Housekeeping

Kateri comes in my room as I am taking the sheets off our bed.

"What are you doing?" she asks.

"I'm taking the sheets off so I wash them" I answer.

"Oh" she says. "Who peed?"


Which is more a testament as to how often that happens, not to why I change my sheets. For the record, no one had.


A couple week ends ago we traveled over the mountains to visit family. The kids were bouncing around the hotel room, happy to be free of the car restraints. And chattering up a storm. I over heard Audrey and Cyril discussing the small refrigerator in the room.

"That's such a small fridge! Why would anyone make such a little one? You can't put hardly anything in it."

"No" said Audrey. "Its not for groceries. Its for keeping your beer cold."

Which I thought was pretty funny given that we have never brought beer to a hotel.

1 comment:

Tirzah said...

That's hilarious; I wonder if she remembers the mini fridge we had in the garage in Brier?