Monday, December 10, 2007

More fun

The kids decorated the gingerbread house yesterday. The big kids did the ends and the little ones did the roof. Cyprian was so careful placing his sweettarts along the lines of icing I made for him.We got an abundance of candy and not have a big box of leftovers. Maybe we'll decorate something else if we run out of projects.This side is Audreys. From across the kitchen I saw Pippin putting something large and orange in his mouth. I asked him what he was eating. He looked at me and said, "Cheese, mom". I thought it was great he preferred cheese to the bowl of candy in front of him. I think Kateri must have served him, although he can open the fridge himself.
I decided the make Cornish Game Hens for dinner. I thought the kids would think it was neat. And they did. Kateri was so thrilled she couldn't wait until hers was cooked to hold it. I was preparing them for roasting and I turned around and she was holding one. Before sanitizing her I took this picture. They are pretty tiny and cute. So is she.
I cut one in half for the little kids to share. Cyprian was not quite sure how to eat his so he stabbed the half and then took bites off.
Kateri told him,"NO, Pippin. Like this". And proceeded to rip off hunks of meat with her hands. Dinner turned out to be a messier enterprise than the gingerbread house. But they all liked it and ate alot so I was happy. The big kids enjoyed eating their own chicken and feeling like giants. I made an apricot-ginger glaze and they were pretty yummy.

No comments: