Monday, October 5, 2009

Down Time

Well, we seem to be having our first cold of the season. So far it doesn't appear to be the Swine Flu, but there are sniffles and coughs and general malaise. So we will be spending as much time as possible sleeping, resting, reading, and tea drinking. With some Benadryl shots all around.

The big kids had to miss art class this morning and I cancelled swim lessons tomorrow. I have to say I am tempted to stop everything for awhile. But we'll give it another go next week and see how it goes. I had to run to art class this morning to do my job and pay tuition but luckily Shane was able to stay home for a bit so I didn't have to drag the kids. I do kind of enjoy having an excuse to stay home and be cozy. But if it drags on too long I'm sure we'll start getting stir crazy. I'm guessing Kateri will not be over it in time for ballet on Thursday. Audrey has decided to stop ballet so I was able to move Kateri to the morning class, thus avoiding the weekly dinner's at the Mexican restaurant. Which we enjoyed, but two hours with three kids who can only eat and color for so long before getting fidgety did get tiring. Sometimes Cyril and Pippin would get bored and come up with crazy ideas. Like 'see if you can eat with your arms pulled into the body of your shirt and just you hands sticking out'. They could.
Last Thursday I was fortunate to have brought the camera as it turned out to be parent's day. They had chairs set up for us and we were allowed to take pictures. I enjoyed watching the lesson and loved to see Kateri focusing on her feet and copying the teacher. I'm afraid my camera is terrible with the flash off, but I did get some video and was able to show Shane. But still they don't capture the joy and emotion of watching her stretch her arms and point her toes, completely focused on the steps and oblivious to everything else. Until she catches Cyril or Pippin army crawling in the back. Then she flashes a big smile and waves. I have to say it was one 0f the best performances I've been to and I was pretty much near tears the whole show.
So there won't be much to report this week. But I'm ok with that. I'm glad I stocked up on the Ruby Chai and half and half. Maybe we'll make some bread or something warm and tasty to make our quarantine more pleasant. Hope everyone out there on the other side is well and we'll catch up soon.

No comments: