Thursday, April 22, 2010

Girls and Boys


Today Audrey asked if she could have a peice of fabric from the sewing  chest. I said sure. It was funny that it a  few yards of rayon I had bought when I was 16 to make a skirt. I never did. But I liked what she came down stairs with an hour later.


A skirt and top for herself.

And matching ones for Kateri. The back seam had a little wardrobe malfunction going on, so  made Kateri put on pants instead. I thought both oufits were pretty cute. I might just get out the machine and let Audrey use that.    She did these by hand.
A few minutes later Kateri lost her loose tooth.
 Yesterday we went to my sister's for a sister get together and birthday party. They are re-doing the front lawn and had torn up all the  grass. And, being Seattle, there had been plenty of rain, so the yard was one big mud pit. Which the boys loved.

They had fun slogging around in the thick goo. And then decided it would be really fun to ride bikes in it.
Some areas worked.
And some didn't.

But a great time was had by all. The boys with mud. The girls inside with the other eight children. And coffee. And brownies.

I'm looking forward to more get togethers when the weather is nice.

No comments: