Thursday, March 11, 2010

You Know it's Lent When You See This

No, not people going around in sackcloth and ashes. I mean this:


I know people have differing opinions on Girl Scouts and whether they support things that really support "girls". I haven't really looked into it. But I have noticed they always start selling cookies at the beginning of Lent. I supported our neighbor girl who came around taking orders in early February. Then she came back to deliver them . On Ash Wednesday. Coincidence? 

1 comment:

Kayleen said...

I know, I noticed that too. I told Mike and he said not everyone gives up sweets during Lent. But still, it's kind of a cultural thing, like how cafeterias still serve clam chowder on Fridays...

oh well, maybe our Catholic culture is getting pushed out completely.

I was never a girl scout, but I did Campfires. We never had a campfire, but we sold candy :)